Our two preferred storage area network vendors are Nimble Storage and Dell Compellent. Each of these solutions offer long term historical analysis reporting functionality for your SAN. Nimble Storage uses InfoSight and Dell Compellent uses Enterprise Manager for reporting/analysis. A brief overview of both systems is below. For more information on either of these great products, contact Enterprise Networks Solutions today.
Nimble Storage InfoSight:
Rethinking the Storage Lifecycle
With InfoSight™, Nimble Storage has rethought the storage lifecycle by leveraging the power of data sciences to deliver true operational efficiency across all storage activities.
InfoSight consists of:
- The InfoSight Engine: A data collection and analysis engine comprised of powerful analytics, system modeling capabilities, and predictive algorithms.
- The InfoSight Portal: A secure online portal which serves as a window into the InfoSight Engine.
Proactive Wellness: Proactive alerts for system health, performance, and protection gaps. Performance correlation analytics quickly identify leading factors contributing to performance or latency issues.
This “deep data” approach to customer support delivers storage health insights that can be leveraged to streamline maintenance by enabling granular alerting, accurate forecasting, and a level of overall storage health insight that vastly improves productivity and optimizes system availability.
- Manageability: InfoSight is cloud-based, so agents or data collection infrastructure do not have to be installed in the datacenter. All updates are instantly available.
- Usability: InfoSight enables proactive system health and support. Insightful and actionable information is presented through intuitive dashboards, including performance correlation analytics.
- Accessibility: InfoSight can be accessed from anywhere, anytime, on any device. One-click reporting and export capabilities make it the simplest way to monitor and manage Nimble Storage environments. Registered Nimble resellers can also request access to their customers’ InfoSight portals, allowing them to be more proactive.
Dell Compellent Enterprise Manager simplifies network storage management by providing a single, centralized console for the administration of multiple local and remote Storage Center SANs. Users can configure and verify remote replication processes, monitor storage capacity and disk utilization in real time, and generate comprehensive enterprise storage usage and performance reports.
- Cuts administration time with a single interface and a complete view of storage resources
Simplifies disaster recovery process with reduced configuration time and easy online replication verification.
- Reduces disk costs with reports that allow you to accurately assess storage resources and plan for future capacity needs.
- Speeds event resolution with centralized alert notification and event log management.
- Optimizes performance by allowing you to identify and manage trends.
- Showcases the cost and power savings of Dell Compellent storage.